Internet email: 1st and 2nd letter of first name, 1st and 2nd of last name @rudhar.com
World Wide Web: http://rudhar.com
Date of birth: 8 March 1955
Nationality : NL
Chamber of Commerce: Utrecht, Nederland, nr. 30126921
15 July 2020:
I ended my company.
May 1995 - today:
- Translator English->Dutch and German->Dutch.
July 1995 - today:
Translations English->Dutch, Dutch->English and German->Dutch.
Via translation agencies in Belgium, Germany, England, the Netherlands,
Sweden and Canada.
- Technical manuals for paint spraying equipment, pumps and accessories.
- Technical manuals and training material for refrigeration equipment.
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Manual for electronic testing device.
- Press releases mobile telephony.
- Localisation presentation application (Windows & Macintosh).
May 1995 - ca. July 2004:
For KSI (now called Centric-KSI):
- Recurring maintanance and client-specific modifications to EB Plus and EB Bankstatement.
- Ported these MS-DOS applications to MS-Windows (32 bits), without rewriting them on
the application level.
- Adapted the application so they could be used with the euro (transition period).
- Separated text strings from the sources, to enable translation to multiple languages.
- Enhanced import facilities of bank statement information from various banks
(MT940, Belgian CODA-format, and many others).
April 1, 1996 - August 30, 1996:
Maintenance on a software system for mortgage presales.
ING Bank Amsterdam.
Microsoft C, MultiEdit, PVCS, Ghost.
August 15, 1995 - October 31, 1995:
Design of changes and enhancements to a system for electronic
banking. ING Bank Amsterdam.
Tools: MSWord 6.0, WordPerfect 5.1, MSAccess 2.0.
May 1995 - August 1995:
Platform: PCs, MSWindows
- Borland C++
- Object Windows (Borland)
- B-Tree Filer (TurboSoft)
Prototype of a program for automobile dealers.
After specifications from, and in cooperation with, a
partner in the USA.
May 1990 to April 1995:
Company: KSI Automatisering, IJsselstein, the Netherlands
Platform: PCs, MSDos
- C (Borland/Turbo C, Microsoft-C).
- Turbo Pascal 6.0 with Turbo Vision.
- C-Scape screen handling.
- DB-Vista network-database (now called RAIMA).
- MIX Database Toolchest.
- MKS (UNIX-tools for DOS).
- Polytron PVCS (version control system).
- Turbo Profiler.
- Bounds-Checker (by Nu-Mega).
- Ghost testing tool.
- TTI: Domestic and foreign payment requests.
- EB Plus: Matching of bankstatements with open items
- imported from finance applications. Interfaces to and
- from Dutch and Belgian systems for electronic banking.
(In Pascal with Turbo Vision):
- Design calculations for evaporator installations for
dairy and other industries.
After an existing Basic-program, with redesigned
user-interface for PC.
- Technical design and realisation of interactive
PC-applications, and maintenance on them.
- Completing and updating technical documentation.
- Restructuring existing software.
- Keep large programs
working within MsDos's limited memory space.
- Systematic testing.
- Version control on a large piece
of software (nearly 500 modules, over 150 thousand
lines-of-code, almost half of which are comments).
October 1985 to April 1990:
Company : Nixdorf Computer, Vianen, the Netherlands
(at times also in Paderborn, Berlin and Munich, Germany)
Platform: TARGON 35 Minicomputer, UNIX System V
- UNIX tools (sh, sed, awk, grep, make etc.)
- C (also lex, yacc)
- 4th generation system X/SDE
- Relational databaseDDB/4, SQL
- International finance system (later known as ALX).
- Technical design, programming, some system management.
- Specifying and evaluating a 4GL environment under development.
- Defining programming standards. Taking part in international
- Language skills: German and English, both spoken and written.
- Built some software development aids, based on C and
UNIX tools, such as:
- Crossreference on multiple source files and programs.
- Bulletin board based on mailx (including an auxiliary
program in C to be able to use UNIX's setuid facility).
- Generation of "umlauts" in German texts.
- Program to find sparse files (files with holes in them)
and fix them.
- Beautifier for Modula-2 (written in C and lex).
- Networkplanning, with grafical printer-interface using
UNIX's "pic" and "troff".
- Program to run a demo with screen output on multiple
terminals (with automatically transferred ioctl's).
- Shell-script for installation of software-components by
multiple developers into a common library of modules.
October 1982 to September 1985:
Company: RAET in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
B) July 1983 to September 1985
Platform: HP-3000 Minicomputer
- KSAM (indexed sequential)
- Powerhouse products
- Quiz (report generator)
- Quick (screens generator)
- Stock, purchase and sales system for a timber-trade company.
- Registration system for pig-breeding company.
- Technical design
- COBOL programming
A) October 1982 to June 1983
Hardware: Amdahl mainframe
Cullinet products (later Cullinane):
- ADS (development tool for screen applications),
- IDD (datadictionary)
- IDMS (network database)
- Land registry system for "waterschappen" (polder districts).
- Real estate registry and OGB (a tax comparable to UK poll tax)
- Writing of user manual.
- Technical design.
October 1980 to September 1982:
Company: Rabobank Nederland, Zeist, the Netherlands.
- Platform: IBM mainframe
- Software: TSO-SPF, JCL
- Application: Current accounts system.
- Analysis of proposed modifications and consequences thereof,
update design documents accordingly, enhance documentation.
- Interface the current accounts system with a system for
interest, provision, and cost for business clients, bearing
in mind "number fixation" (an account-holder can move to
a different bank, but keep their account number, with a
transitional period), and mergers between banks. The Rabobank
is a cooperation of many different, strictly independent,
January 1980 to September 1980:
Internal training as systems-analist at Rabobank Nederland
in Utrecht. Several IBM-courses, and AMBI-modules I1, I2,
T1, B1, B2, S1 en S2, among other things.
Trial project: course administration, on a DEC-20 systeem,
September 1978 to December 1979:
Military Service (Signal Service)
Electrotechnics at the HTS (higher vocational school)
in Arnhem, the Netherlands.